Are you getting the most out of your Treatment Program?
To get maximum benefit from your Treatment Program it is extremely important to take your Bio-Identical hormones exactly as prescribed by your doctor and to ensure you are using fresh medication. In fact, you have a much better chance of a becoming symptom free in a shorter period of time when you take your medications as directed.
How do you fare?
Read the following statements. If any of these apply to you, you may not be getting the full benefit from your treatment program.
- I do shift work and sometimes forget to take my medication.
- I sometimes take my medication at the wrong times.
- I take many different medications and sometimes it’s hard to remember which medication I have taken.
- I sometimes forget/put off having to re- order my medication
- I sometimes stop taking medication once I feel better.
- I sometimes take more or less of my medication than my doctor prescribed.
- I sometimes stop taking my medication because I think it is not working.
- I don’t understand when I am supposed to take my medication.
- I don’t like the taste of my medication
- My medication is a different colour
- I don’t ask my doctor questions about my medication because I am shy or embarrassed.
- I have left over medication and keep it past its use by date to save money. (taking expired medication)
If any of the above have applied to you I would like to encourage you to speak with your personal consultant who will be happy to answer any questions you may have, give you some tips on ways of remembering to take your medication correctly and/or book you in to speak to speak with one of our clinical assistants to discuss any further issues regarding your medication, its effectiveness and any symptoms you may be experiencing.
One very important fact to remember is to NOT use medication that has passed it’s used by date as we cannot guarantee its effectiveness after this time. Your medication has been compounded specifically for you and is expected to be used within your treatment program. We do not add preservatives to the medication to make it last on the shelf for prolonged periods of time as we aim to keep your bio-identical hormones as free from preservatives as we can.