- DHA a form of an Omega 3 fatty acid has been shown to contribute to the development of our nervous system, memory and overall brain health.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, fish oil can assist with reducing the itchiness, redness and dryness associated with different forms of dermatitis. It is also a great supplement for reducing general skin dryness, as it acts as a lubricant to the skin.
- Fish oil has been found to improve HDL levels (beneficial fat) in the body and provides a health balance between the LDL and HDL (bad and good fat) in the body. Those who consume a diet high in fish, have been found to have healthier cholesterol levels, than those who don’t.
- Fish has been shown to have a beneficial effect on heart health, with this benefit appearing to be due to its influence on cholesterol health and its ability to reduce inflammation.
- Several studies have found that fish oil reduced pain and joint stiffness associated with arthritis and in some instances, particularly in Rheumatoid Arthritis, reduced the use of Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS).