- 10 dates
- 1 and ½ cups of raw cashews
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of vegan protein powder
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Place dates, cashews and coconut in a food processor. Blend until the cashews have broken up and started to make a crumbly paste with the dates and coconuts
- Add the protein powder, vanilla extract, chia seeds and the zest and juice of lemon
- Blend again until all ingredients are combined, and the cashews are a fine crumb
- Scatter the remainder of the desiccated coconut over a tray. Scoop out heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll them into balls, dropping them into the coconut to coat them.
- Place the balls in the fridge, for them to firm up a bit.
These bliss balls will last in the fridge for up to a week and this recipe approximately makes 32 balls.