- 3 garlic bulbs, peeled
- 4 cups of light olive oil
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of salt and add extra to taste
- Before starting, ensure all ingredients are at room temperature
- Add the garlic and salt in a food processor and run for 20 seconds
- Stop processor and scrape garlic down the sides and process until garlic turns pasty and looks crushed. This should take just under 2 minutes.
- Slowly add olive oil, ½ a cup at a time, as the food processor is on. The mix should start to emulsify.
- Add ½ teaspoon of lemon juice until combined
- Repeat above process with olive oil and lemon juice until all ingredients are used. This process should take up to 10 minutes.
- The consistency should be quite thick and liquid in consistency
This sauce can be used as a dip and as a marinade for poultry and/or red meat.