- 200g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 lemongrass sticks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli (can be deseeded or chopped, with the seeds for more spice)
- The rind of one lime, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 500g of chicken or turkey mince
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- The juice of one lime
- ¼ cup of roughly chopped, fresh mint
- ¼ cup of roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, trimmed, and dried
- Place rice noodles in large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside, until tender. Drain and using scissors, cut noodles into 6 cm lengths, and return to bowl.
- Place lemongrass, garlic, chilli, ginger, and lemon rind in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in wok and transfer lemongrass mixture into same wok and cook, over medium heat until fragrant and tender.
- Add turkey or chicken mince to same wok. Increase the heat to high. Stir fry for 5-6 minutes, until the mince has broken up and browned. Add fish sauce and sugar. Stir fry for an additional 5-6 minutes. Stir in lime juice, mint, and coriander.
- Divide noodles among lettuce cups. Top with turkey or chicken mince mixture and serve with lime wedges.