- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of drained baby capers in vinegar
- 1 fresh chili, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 large lemon
- 1/3rd of a cup of fresh parsley leaves
- 400g of baby octopus, cleaned
- 1 large calamari tube, cut into 5mm rings
- 12 black mussels, debearded and scrubbed
- 600g of peeled and deveined, cooked prawns
- Extra chopped continental parsley, to serve
- Heat ½ cup of olive oil in a pan, over medium heat. Add the crushed garlic, capers, and chilli with the oregano. Stir for 1-2 minutes and reduce heat to low. Cook until aromatic. Remove this oil mixture from the heat. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the lemon rind into thin strips. Juice the whole lemon. Stir in the chopped parsley, lemon rind and lemon juice into the oil mixture.
- Separate the octopus tentacles from the head and cut them into bite size pieces. Cut squid into 5mm rings.
- Place all the seafood, except for the prawns, into a steamer and place over a saucepan of boiling water. Cover the steamer and cook until squid and octopus are just cooked and muscles open. Discard any mussels that don’t open.
- Combine all the seafood and lemon oil mixture in a serving bowl. Ensure all the dressing coats the seafood. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and enjoy!