- 80g rice vermicelli noodles
- 20 rice paper sheets (22cm diameter)
- 1kg of peeled, deveined and cooked prawns
- 60g of roughly chopped, roasted peanuts
- 60g of trimmed bean sprouts
- ½ cup of thinly sliced carrot
- ½ cup of thinly sliced cucumber
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 20 fresh coriander sprigs
- 20 fresh chives, cut into 10cm lengths
- Cover noodles in a heatproof dish with boiling water. Allow to soften and then drain and set aside.
- Soak 1 rice paper sheet in warm water for 30 seconds, until soft. Allow to drain on a paper towel.
- Place 2 prawns in centre of sheet, add a small amount of noodles, peanuts, bean sprouts, carrot and cucumber. Top with 1 mint and coriander leaf. Top with 1 chive.
- Fold in ends and roll up firmly to enclose filling.
- Repeat until all rice paper sheets are used.
Ingredients for dipping sauce:
Makes 1 cup
- 60mL water
- 60mL fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- ½ stem of finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped. Chillies can be deseeded to reduce the heat
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Combine all ingredients and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved and serve.