- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (from 1/2-inch piece)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches bok choy, cleaned, ends trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon organic sesame oil (not the dark treated oil)
- Salt (optional)
1. Prepare a steamer with boiling water. Place the bok choy, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in the steamer and steam until the leaves begin to go limp, about 30 seconds. This will keep the stem crunchy.
2. Remove the bok choy and place in a serving bowl. Combine the soy sauce, water and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the bok choy and serve immediately.
- This vegetable can be served as a vegetable accompaniment to all meat or vegetarian dishes.
- Bok Choy can be used in recipes where spinach is featured
- Bok Choy can be used in salads instead of lettuce or spinach. The juicy stem adds texture and flavour to any salad.