Looking for a healthy homemade way to enjoy dark chocolate (and get the brain juices moving)?
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup cacao or cocoa powder
¼ cup (or less) maple syrup, honey agave or brown rice syrup
½ cup roughly chopped dark chocolate (80% or greater cocoa)
½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
1 ½ cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
¼ cup oats
½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium pot, melt coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cacao powder and vanilla extract, once mixed, add the maple syrup or alternative. Add 1 cup desiccated coconut, dark chocolate, oats and walnuts, stir until well combined.
- Place remaining coconut on a plate. Roll a tablespoon sized ball of chocolate mixture in hands then coat in remaining coconut flakes.
- Place balls on a lined tray and leave in fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Enjoy as a treat and get those brain juices moving.
Store: refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.