Think of this as an Asian version of hummus.
- 220g frozen shelled edamame
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Cook edamame according to package directions
- Puree cooked edamame, water, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, tahini, garlic, salt and hot pepper sauce in a food processor until smooth.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Cover and refrigerate. Will keep for up to 5 days.