Raw! Need inspiration? We have it.
To benefit from the vitamin content, kiwis are best eaten raw. Try these easy and delicious options when incorporating kiwifruit into your diet.
- Eat them like you would an apple. Wash the skin, pat dry, bite in, skin and all.
- Smoothie – mix kiwis, banana, ice and milk or yoghurt for a delicious smoothie. Add cucumber or spinach for an extra health kick.
- Sweet and savoury – dice kiwifruit and mix it with some mango and mint and pop it on your beef, pork or lamb chops. This will not only taste great, but has the added benefit of helping with your meat digestion.
- Chia pudding – add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, ½ cup of milk (almond, dairy, soy – your choice) and 1 teaspoon of honey to a jar. Mix and let sit for 2-3minutes. Mix again until no clumps, then seal with a lip and store it in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Top with chopped kiwi and enjoy cold!
- Icey poles – make the above smoothie, place into icy pole moulds, freeze and enjoy.
- Salad – add sliced kiwifruit to a salad for a delicious kick.
- Muesli – add diced or sliced kiwi to your muesli or yoghurt bowl.