- 1 garlic bulb, unpeeled, with cloves separated
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved, washed and sliced
- 1 roughly chopped celery stalk
- 1 ½ tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 700g of peeled, chopped potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the garlic on the tray and drizzle with half the olive oil. Place tray in oven and roast garlic for 12-15 minutes, or until tender. Stand until cool enough to touch. Squeeze garlic from skins and discard the skins.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leeks, celery and 1 tablespoon of thyme. Cook and stir until tender. Add stock, 2 cups of cold water and potatoes. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 12-15 minutes, or, until potatoes are tender. Add the garlic.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor. Process soup until smooth. Stir ½ cup of water and remaining thyme leaves.
- Return to medium heat. Cook until heated through.
Season as desired, with salt and pepper.