1 large onion, chopped
1kg of fresh okra, sliced into bite size pieces
2 cups of roughly chopped celery
400mL can of undrained diced tomato
350mL of tomato passata
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Wash and clean the Okra
- Sauté onion until tender.
- Add okra, celery, garlic, passata and tomatoes
- Stir until adequately mixed
- Cover and reduce to simmer
- Simmer for an hour, or, until Okra is tender.
- Season to taste with pepper and salt
Tip: Add extra vegetables, chicken or mince balls for a more rounded meal. Serve alone, or with fresh pasta.