Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp trimmed and finely chopped fresh lemongrass or 2 tsp fresh lemon juice (TIP: When working with lemongrass, trim ends then remove fibrous outer layers prior to chopping.)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, optional
In a blender, combine tomatoes, 1 cup water, oil, lemongrass, lime juice, ginger, garlic and salt. Blend until smooth. Add an additional 1 cup water and blend to combine. Heat. Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with basil, if desired.
Suggestions: for a larger meal, add strips of chicken, tofu chunks or fresh prawns.
Nutritional Bonus: This aromatic soup provides 20% of your daily value (DV) of vitamin C, an immune-boosting nutrient that helps improve your body’s absorption of iron from plant-based sources.