¾ cup of buttermilk
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
2 shallots, chopped finely
2 small heads of broccoli, cut into florets (bite sized)
¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley
¼ cup coarsely chopped tarragon
¼ cup coarsely chopped coriander
¼ cup coarsely chopped pistachios
1 cup of quinoa
- Whisk buttermilk, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Season further as required.
- Stir buttermilk dressing and shallots together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Cook broccoli in boiling hot water, until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to a bowl of ice water and allow to cool. Once cooled, drain and place on a kitchen towel.
- Place a pot of water on high heat and allow to boil. Once boiled, add quinoa and cook for 12 minutes or, until slightly al dente and then drain.
- Toss quinoa and 2 tablespoons of buttermilk dressing in a bowl to coat the quinoa and season to taste, with salt. Allow to cool.
- Add dressed shallot, broccoli, parsley, tarragon, coriander, pistachios, and buttermilk dressing to quinoa and toss to combine.
- Include further salt and pepper to taste.