- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind, plus 2 teaspoons juice
- 4 x 150g pork medallions, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 small (about 300g) ripe pawpaw, peeled, seeds removed, flesh chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly shredded
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1. Combine the chilli and lemon rind with 1 teaspoon of sea salt, then rub over the pork. Allow to marinate for a couple of hours.
2. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue on high, add pork medallions, then reduce heat to medium. Cook pork for 3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warm plate and cover loosely with foil to rest while you make the salsa.
3. For the salsa, combine the lemon juice with remaining ingredients and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve the pork topped with salsa.