Soul soothing, heart warming, delightful and delicious. Use those green tea bags, they’re so healthy for you!
1-1/2 cups water
2 green tea bags
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon minced ginger
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded and cooked chicken
1/2 cup tofu, diced (optional)
1 tablespoon miso paste
2 stems of spring onions, sliced
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 medium/large zucchini (made into noodles using a spiralizer)
Pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to an almost-boil (when there are bubbles beginning to form at the bottom of the pot, but not on the top of the water), remove from heat, add the green tea bags and let steep for 2-3 minutes. Remove tea bags and set the broth aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add your sesame oil and once heated add your ginger and let it cook for 30 seconds. Then pour in your vegetable stock, cooked chicken, tofu (optional) and green tea broth, and bring it all to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, ladle out about 1/3 of a cup of the soup into a bowl. In that bowl, add the miso paste, and whisk until it is dissolved. Add this miso broth back into the saucepan and lower the heat.
- Add the soy sauce, spring onions, zucchini noodles and pepper to the soup, and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the zucchini noodles soften.
- Once done, pour the soup into a bowl and enjoy.